Edward Jenner Centre at Gloucester Royal Hospital has a drop-in blood clinic from 08:00-16:45, Monday to Friday. Please take your blood test form with you – reception at any of our surgeries can print these off for you.
If your GP has asked you to call and book an X-ray please call 0300 422 5577 the day after you have seen your GP.
You can get the results of your blood tests either online or by calling the reception team. Please try and avoid peak times and call for results after 11:00. Some blood tests take longer then others to come back, most are back within one week, but some may take up to two weeks.
If you sign up for online Patient Services access you will be able to see your blood tests online.
If your result has an abnormality that the GP is concerned about they will either text you or ask reception to contact you. They may want you to have the test repeated, or they may wish for you to have additional blood tests. They may want to arrange a telephone consultation or a face to face appointment which reception will book for you.
The doctor will specify how urgently this needs to happen. It is better for continuity of care and safe practice that, where possible, you speak to the GP who has requested the blood test or who may have actioned the blood tests if they were part of our annual review.
The duty team are not in the best place to discuss these results as they have not seen and examined you and you will receive better care through the requesting GP.
- Please be reassured that if the test results are urgent they will either by sent directly to the GP or given to the duty Doctor team to contact you.
- Please be aware that for confidentiality reasons we can only give results to a patient, or parent of the patient if they are under the age of 16.
- We need written consent if you want someone else to access your results on your behalf.
- If you email in to request the results we do need to ensure that the email you have is for your use only.
- Neither the reception staff nor the doctors are able to discuss your results with a member of your family without your permission.
- Please Note: You will need to contact the hospital team for results of any tests that they have requested.