Describe your job role
- Supporting the Reception team with where to book patients – priority is getting to them to the right clinician in the most appropriate time frame
- Signing repeat prescriptions.
- Contacting patients who have tested positive for covid to provide monitoring and clinical support
- Supporting prescription team and clinical pharmacists with queries
- Supporting admin staff with queries
- Speaking to patients who are unwell and need urgent attention
- Dealing with test results and hospital letters
How would you describe a typical day?
- Busy and high pressured, often juggling multiple queries and patients at once
- Triaging those patients who need to be seen urgently today, soon or can wait for a routine appointment.
- Triaging those patients who can be directed straight into a face-to-face appointment and who needs a call first for more information.
- Working nonstop from 7am –until at least 7pm and often no time for a lunch break.
What do you enjoy about your job?
- Speaking to patients and their families.
- Supporting other members of the Aspen team and the wider community team.
What challenges do you face in your role?
- Managing increased demand on limited resources.
- Not having a break to clear your head.
- Wanting to have more members in Team Aspen.
What advice would you give to patients?
- It can be helpful to write notes about your symptoms to remind you.
- Use eConsult when you can.
- Please give as much information to the Receptionists – it helps me to help them.
- Understand that we must prioritise patients who are unwell and need urgent attention over routine non urgent requests due to increased demand.